Council for Aboriginal Alcohol Program Services Inc

If you want to come into CAAPS programs, you will need to attend an assessment. This can be arranged by contacting our Intake Worker on 08 89224818 or Reception on 08 89224852.

Coming to CAAPS


If you want to come to CAAPS, you will be asked to attend an assessment appointment. Depending on your personal circumstances you may be asked to attend in person. If you cant attend in person you can start this process by phone. All clients over 16 years of age will need to provide proof of identity.

To be eligible for the Alcohol and Other Drugs Residential Treatment program you will need to be 18 years or over and experiencing issues with alcohol and other drug use. You can attend with a family member, supportive other person and your children.

To be eligible for the Volatile Substance Abuse Program you must be 12 to 24 years of age and experiencing issues related to misuse of volatile substances. You can attend the program with a support person.

Frequently asked questions

Will it cost me anything to stay at CAAPS?

Yes, there is a charge for board and this information can be provided to you when you contact our Intake Worker. You will be provided with food to prepare your own meals while you are here.

You will not need to pay board if you enter the VSA program but support people will be asked to pay board.

How do I get there?

You need to arrange your own transport to CAAPS but our intake worker can advise you of support services to help with travel arrangements.

Will have my own room?

If you attend as a single person you may be sharing a room with another person of the same gender. If you are part of a couple or a family you will be provided your own accommodation. All rooms in the AOD program have a kitchen and en suite bathroom. You wil be expected to keep your room clean and tidy. All VSA clients are expected to share a bedroom with an en suite bathroom. There are common recreation, lounge and kitchen areas for VSA clients.

How long will it take to come in?

We need to have all supporting documents and assessments complete including criminal history checks in order to give you an entry date. This can also depend on our current wait list. The Intake Worker can provide more information when you speak with them.

How long will I be there?

The AOD program is a 12 week treatment program. The VSA program runs for 16 weeks.

Can I have visitors?

Yes, details on visiting hours and other arrangements can be provided by the Intake Worker.

Our Residential facilities

Our Residential facilities

​At CAAPS we have a semi- bush setting on 5 acres of land. We have lawns and garden areas that include a children’s play ground, barbeque areas, a fire pit, community kitchen, basket ball and pool table and common room with a TV. Residential clients have access to shared laundry facilities. A pay phone is on site as clients are not permitted to use mobile phones during their stay.