Do you want to be part of a dedicated team? Working at the Council for Aboriginal Alcohol Program Services is not your average job; we deal with different people and face different challenges every single day. You won’t find many challenges that are as rewarding as supporting someone to change their life.
We are always on the lookout for enthusiastic people who want to start or advance their careers in community services. We offer excellent benefits and conditions and while CAAPS work supports families, this includes the families of our employees so we have family-friendly policies to assist you with work-life balance and cultural safety.
Why Work For CAAPS
- You are committed to the health and wellbeing of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples
- You will receive immense job satisfaction working for a values-based organisation
- To have a career in an organisation that makes a difference
- To work in a family-friendly and supportive work environment
- Receive training and opportunity for professional development
- Take advantage of Salary Packaging benefits that increase your take-home pay!
- Receive attractive leave conditions that accommodate cultural considerations
If you are interested in exploring casual employment opportunities at CAAPS, please complete the form through the link provided. If you would like to apply for vacant advertised positions, please scroll down to our Current Vacancies section at the bottom of the page for more information.
Applicants must be an Australian Citizen or have the ability to stay and work within Australia without restriction. To submit your application you must provide your resume and a brief cover letter outlining your experience and addressing the selection criteria listed for the role. If these documents are not received by the application closing date your application will not be short-listed for selection. If you are shortlisted for an interview you must produce 100 points of Identification prior to the scheduled interview time.
Email inquiries may be made to [email protected]
Integrated Services Coordinator
Permanent Full time, Berrimah NT
About the Role
You would be part of the senior management team overseeing the Integrated Services portfolio that includes the following programs/activities:
- Homelessness Outreach Service
- Housing & Mental Health
- Intensive Family and Parenting Support
- AOD Health
- CAAPS Program Intake
You would be ensuring that staff are supported and that programs and services are of a high quality and in line with CAAPS guidelines and evidence base. You would be focused on building and maintaining key stakeholder relationships. You would also oversee the CAAPS electronic rostering system.
Why Work for CAAPS?
- Good training opportunities
- 6 Weeks Annual Leave
- Salary Packaging Benefits to increase take home pay
- Culturally safe and inclusive environment
Download Position Description Integrated Service Coordinator_PD_May_2021
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are highly encouraged to apply.
Application close 25th April 2021 and only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
HOMELESSNESS OUTREACH SUPPORT (HOS) WORKER
Full Time based in Darwin
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people encouraged to apply.
- Immediate start
- Generous salary packaging arrangements are available.
To be considered for this role you
- Must have a demonstrated knowledge of the issues around homelessness – particularly as it applies to Aboriginal people in the greater Darwin region.
- Have an appreciation of personal safety in dealing with issues in situations outside of the immediate workplace.
- Ability to work autonomously and within a team.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the issues facing Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island people.
- Demonstrate ability to deal with sensitive and confidential information.
- Have excellent written communication skills and demonstrated computer skills including word processing, email, data collection/input and records management skills.
- Hold or working towards, a Certificate in Community Service or Alcohol and other Drugs Work or similar field.
Employment is subject to obtaining a Criminal History Check, Working with Children Clearance (Ochre card) and NT Driver’s license.
Applications Close: 9th May 2021