- Permanent Full Time
- Berrimah, NT
CAAPS is a community controlled Aboriginal Corporation that supports Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander young people and their families who are experiencing issues related to substance abuse. Our work really matters! It can be challenging – but it extremely rewarding.
About the position
As the Alcohol and Other Drugs (AOD) Program Facilitator, you will facilitate the delivery of CAAPS AOD Treatment Programs aimed at the empowerment of participants experiencing substance use issues, support participants to engage and benefit through program participation, and communicate with internal and external stakeholders involved with client care.
Essential skills and experience
- Minimum qualification in Certificate or Diploma IV AOD, community services or similar
- Demonstrated ability to deliver educational programs to Aboriginal people
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills delivering individual and group work interventions including ability to manage group dynamics and behaviour.
- Ability to work with people experiencing alcohol and other drugs
- Facilitate activities aimed at engaging adults with varying levels of numeracy, literacy, and ESL.
- Ability to develop rapport, be non-judgmental and deliver a trauma informed support
- Ability to keep up to date with current drug and alcohol best practice and to provide information and support to clients
- Demonstrated ability to work positively both as part of a multidisciplinary team and with individuals
- Ability to work with minimal direct supervision
- Excellent written and verbal communication, competent administrative and documentation
- Demonstrated computer skills including MS Suite, email, data collection/input
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment or similar is advantageous
Why work for CAAPS?
- You are committed to the health and wellbeing of the Aboriginal and Torres Strait islander peoples
- You will receive immense job satisfaction working for a values-based organisation.
- Work in a family friendly and supportive work environment
- Receive training and mentoring with the opportunity to improve and learn new skills.
- Take advantage of Salary Packaging Benefits that increases your take home pay!
- Receive 6 weeks annual leave (Pro-rata)!
View Position Description here.
To apply please email [email protected], include your resume and a 1 page cover letter addressing the selection criteria
Applications close 3rd July 2022.