CAAPS Aboriginal Corporation wish to advise that in the interest of supporting community wide precautions against the spread of COVID-19, the following changes to our service provision are in place:
- Access to our Head Office at 60 Boulter Road is by appointment only. Please call 1800 894 800 to enquire about access.
- Intake Assessments are now being conducted by phone. Appointments can still be booked by calling 89224852
- We have suspended admissions into our residential programs at present and approved applicants will be placed on a waiting list for when admissions reopen.
- Homelessness Outreach Support services (HOS) have suspended community visiting. To enquire about HOS support please call 89224817. We are still able to assist with housing and homelessness enquiries or requests for support.
- Strong Steps Coolalinga office is closed, however we are still providing phone and video assessments and counselling. Please call 89 833 413 to make an appointment.
We may be updating these changes as more regulations or advice becomes available. Please check back for updates.
We have also been working hard to put in place other ways to keep our clients and community safe. As an organisation we have already:
- Prepared a Pandemic Plan – that we will continue to update as we become aware of new information.
- Provided information to staff and clients about how to keep themselves and their community safe.
- Increased cleaning across our sites
- Dedicated staff member providing environmental health education to residential clients
- Put in place procedures for visitors to improve infection control
CAAPS is continuing to remain up to date on emerging information. CAAPS is also representing the populations that we work with by advocating on their behalf through our membership with peak bodies and partner networks.